Remember to submit your nomination for NAHRO’s Mary K Nenno Advocacy Award to ensure the advocacy work being done by your colleagues is recognized at NAHRO’s upcoming Washington Conference! Nominate your outstanding advocate by March 1, 2017.
NAHRO’s Mary K. Nenno Advocacy Award recognizes innovative achievements in the area of legislative advocacy. The award can be presented to either an organization (a NAHRO Region, Chapter or State Association) or an individual (a NAHRO member, agency or group of members).
Previous winners include:
- Don May, Executive Director of the Adams County, Colo. Housing Authority
- Michael Wong, Executive Director of the Harrisonburg, Va. Redevelopment and Housing Authority
- Ron Clewer, CEO of the Rockford, Ill. Housing Authority
- Lucy Brown, Executive Director of the Billings, Mont. Housing Authority
- LaVon Holden, former Deputy Director of the Vancouver, Wash. Housing Authority
- Minnesota NAHRO
- Tony Bazzie, Executive Director of the Raleigh Housing Authority
- The New York City Housing Authority
- The Massachussetts Chapter of NAHRO (MassNAHRO)
The deadline for applications is March 1, 2017 and the winner will be recognized at the NAHRO Legislative Conference in March.
For more information and an application form, visit www.nahro.org/nenno-award. You can submit your application online via the webform or email the application directly to Tess Hembree (firstname.lastname@example.org).