Section 3 (Online)
A NAHRO Professional Development e-Learning
Wednesday, February 28, 2018
1:30 – 4:00 pm EST
Section 3 of the Housing and Urban Development Act of 1968 promotes local economic development, neighborhood economic improvement, and individual self-sufficiency by requiring recipients of certain forms of HUD financial assistance to provide job training and employment opportunities to low- or very low-income residents in connection with HUD-funded projects and activities.
NAHRO Professional Development’s Section 3 e-Learning is a live, instructor-led session featuring interactive exercises. Join NAHRO’s Director of Policy and Program Development Georgi Banna for this offering of one of NAHRO’s most popular online courses. The session will provide opportunities for participants to interact with the instructor to ensure all of their questions are addressed. Learning objectives for the training include:
- Reviewing Section 3 statutory and regulatory requirements associated with federal housing and community development funding;
- Learning about HUD’s current approaches to monitoring Section 3 compliance;
- Exploring how to develop a plan for your agency, including record-keeping and compliance processing;
- Examining methodologies to ensure contractor compliance; and
- Discussing strategies for meeting HUD’s expectations and avoiding a finding.
Attendees earn 0.25 CEUs, meaning this session is an excellent opportunity for NAHRO Certified TM professionals to make progress toward meeting recertification requirements.