Next January, a new Presidential administration and new members of Congress will be sworn into office, many of whom may not have had exposure to the critical work that the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) does in their communities. In order to promote CDBG to these new legislators, officials, and their staff, as well as reinforce the message with existing allies, NAHRO is partnering with members of the CDBG Coalition to develop a national report that highlights all of the accomplishments of the CDBG program.
In the last 10 years, CDBG has assisted nearly 1.3 million low- and moderate-income homeowners rehabilitate their homes, provided down payment and closing cost assistance to homebuyers, and assisted with lead-based paint removal. To supplement the report, NAHRO needs project examples from members on how CDBG helps to provide for safe, decent, and affordable housing in your community.
Useful examples include projects that:
● Improve neighborhoods through CDBG-funded housing
● Use CDBG in HOME, LIHTC, RAD-funded projects
● Provide healthy homes through lead-based paint removal
● Allow seniors to age in place
● Create neighborhoods of choice
● Provide energy improvements to help people on fixed incomes
● Address abandoned/blighted properties
To aid your submission, download a Word template for your project example here: www.nahro.org/sites/default/files/searchable/CDBGProjectExample.docx.
Please submit project examples to Jenny Hsu at firstname.lastname@example.org by November 22, 2016.